If you are searching for the absolute perfect gift for your loved one this holiday season, you should consider purchasing a steam cleaner. These cleaning appliances are considered to be exceptionally versatile and highly beneficial to those that elect to utilize them. A steam cleaner only requires the use of tap water from the home to clean, sanitize, and deodorize virtually any surface. This cleaning device does not just provide the appearance of clean; it actually reaches far into the depths of the home to eliminate potentially harmful toxins, household germs, bacteria, viruses, dust mites, and other types of debris. Not only will your loved one’s home be cleaned and sanitized, it will be healthier!
How Does a Steam Cleaner Work?
In order to truly appreciate the fact that a steam cleaner is the absolute perfect gift for your loved one this holiday season, it is important that you understand how this cleaning device works. Each steam cleaner contains a water tank that is referred to as a “reservoir”. Tap water from the home is added to this tank. Once the power to the steam cleaner is turned on, the heating element in the device heats the water. In most instances, the water is heated in excess of the temperature, 212°F. This temperature ensures that steam is appropriately created and that the surfaces the device comes in contact with are both cleaned and sanitized. On the bottom of the steam cleaner, there is typically a cleaning pad composed of a microfiber material. This breaks down dirt and debris and absorbs it. These cleaning pads may be washed and reused multiple times before a new one is required.
What Surfaces May be Cleaned with a Steam Cleaner?
As previously mentioned, a steam cleaner may be used on virtually all surfaces of the home. If you are considering purchasing this type of cleaning device for a loved one this holiday season, it is important that you understand just what surfaces may be safely cleaned with a steam cleaner. Many believe that steam cleaners are only appropriate for hard floors; however, this is a common misconception among consumers. A steam cleaner is very versatile. The following outlines a brief list of the many surfaces that may be cleaned, sanitized, and deodorized with a steam cleaner:
- Flooring that is solid-sealed may be cleaned with a steam cleaner.
- The doors and other surfaces of cabinets may be cleaned with a steam cleaning appliance.
- The walls within the home – including those that are tiled or composed of stainless steel – may be heated and cleaned with steam.
- Mattresses, box springs, and beds designed for pets, infants, and toddlers may be cleaned with steam vapor.
- The countertops and appliances within the kitchen of your home may be cleaned and sanitized with steam.
- All areas of the bathrooms in your home may be cleaned with a steam cleaner. These include the bathtub, the shower, the toilet, the walls, the floor, faucets, light switches, and shower tiles.
- The garbage cans and waste baskets in and around the home may be cleaned with steam.
- Light switches, handles, door knobs, and similar regions may be cleaned with steam.
- Ceiling fans and other types of fans may be cleaned with steam.
- Pillows, bedding, and cushions may be cleaned with a steam cleaner.
Thank you for reading Part 1 of our series, “Holiday Gift Buying Guide: Purchasing a Steam Cleaner for a Loved One”. In this installment, you have learned about the cleaning power and high level of versatility associated with steam cleaners. You have learned how this cleaning appliance works and how it safely cleans, sanitizes, and deodorizes all surfaces in which it comes in contact. You have also been provided with several examples of the areas within the home where a steam cleaner may safely be used. Be sure to come back next week for Part 2. In that installment, you will be provided with purchasing tips that will help you find the absolute BEST steam cleaner for your loved one this holiday season! For more information on steam cleaners and the process of steam cleaning, click HERE.